- Council, Boards, & Commissions
- Tree Authority
- 5:30 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday of every month (No meeting in January, July or December)
- SPARC and Go, 320 S. Main Street
- Jack Hanson, Council Representative
- Ben Monnig
- John Nelson
- Evan Steffens
- Aaron Stonecash
5 members - 4 residents, 1 Council Member
City Council approves all appointments. It is recommended that a least one of the non-Council members be experienced in landscaping, or have extensive knowledge of shade trees. However, such member shall not be engaged or employed in a business, which sells or plants trees in the Springboro community.
- Three-year terms; (1 Council Member, One-year term)
- To study, investigate, plan, devise and recommend to Council any action, program, plan or legislation which the Tree Authority shall determine to be necessary or advisable for the care, preservation, trimming, planting, replanting, removal or disposition of trees or shrubs in public ways, streets, alleys, parks or other property owned by the City of Springboro
- To regulate the planting, maintenance and removal of trees and shrubs on City property and rights-of-way, to ensure safety and promote aesthetics.
- To recommend to City Council the designation of any tree as a Monarch Tree
- To recommend the removal of any tree that has been identified as a threat to public health or safety
Prior to January 31 of each year, the Tree Authority shall meet and elect a chairperson who shall have the authority to call and conduct, or cancel, meetings and to receive correspondence and other material on behalf of the Tree Authority. The Tree Authority will select a Chairperson, a Vice Chairperson, and a recorder at the first meeting of each calendar year. The City Manager will assign a staff liaison, preferably a certified arborist.
- Established by Ordinance, November 1995
- Springboro Code - Chapter 280.05