Architectural Review Board
- 6 p.m.
- 2nd Monday of every month
- Council Chambers, City Building, 320 W. Central Ave.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Janie Ridd, Council Representative
- Stefphane Berger-Lauson
- David Hale
- Nicole Lewis
- Kim Loesche
- Sheri Scott
- Christine Wellman
7 members - 4 residents; 2 residents of the City or surrounding area (should include, if possible, citizens from the following occupations: architect, lawyer, realtor, builder, or at least two should have preservation related professional backgrounds), 1 Council Member. City Council may deviate from this membership if suitable volunteers are not available. City Council approves all appointments.
The Architectural Review Board selects a Chairperson, a Vice Chairperson, and a Recording Secretary each January.
Two-year terms. (1 Council Member, One-year term.)
May include, but are not limited to:
- Permitting or denying and establishing procedures for evaluating certificates of appropriateness.
- Developing, recommending, and applying Historic Design Standards.
- Promoting the conservation, development and use of structures, sites and districts within the City of Springboro.
- Making recommendations to the Planning Commission regarding legislation affecting Preservation Districts or Landmarks.
- Conduct a continuing survey of historical and cultural resources. Advising other officials and departments regarding the protection of local cultural resources.
- Acting as a liaison to individuals and organizations concerned with Historic Preservation.
- Working toward the continuing education of citizens regarding Historic Preservation issues and concerns.
- Seeking expertise when the Commission considers a National Register nomination.
- Encouraging members to attend education sessions.
- Maintaining a system for the survey and inventory of historic properties.
- Established by Ordinance, August 1997
- Springboro Code - Chapter 1229.04