Leaf Collection Program
2022 Leaf Schedule
Leaf Collection Schedule Updates
- Tuesday, Nov. 22: Leaf pickup should remain on schedule for the remainder of the season.
- Wednesday, Nov. 9: Pickup continues in Area 3 with the plan of starting Area 4 tomorrow, Nov. 10.
- Tuesday, Nov. 8: Pickup continues in Area 2 and Area 3 on Wednesday, Nov. 9.
- Monday, Nov. 7: Trucks will be in Area 2 today and Tuesday, Nov. 8.
- Wednesday, Nov. 2: Because of the large amount of leaves in Area 1, our crews will remain in that area until Friday before moving on to Area 2 next week. Don’t worry! We will not leaf you behind! Leaf collection service will continue through the end of the year. We’ll continue to post updates as needed. Please see below for tips on raking to help us expediate our leaf pickup service.
What We Need You to Do to HelpTo keep the leaf collection on schedule and to help keep costs down, please adhere to the following:
- Do not rake anything except leaves out to the curb for collection. Branches, sticks and other waste clogs the machinery and can potentially damage the leaf vacuums.
- Rake your leaves to the curb or tree lawn, but not into the street where they will block traffic.
- Please have your leaves raked out to the curb at least 2 days before crews are scheduled to arrive. Depending on Mother Nature, equipment problems and the volume of leaves, the crews may be as much as two days early or two days late.
- Do not bag your leaves and leave them out for the City's collection crews. Any bagged leaves will be by-passed. Leaves must be raked out to the tree lawn or curb all by themselves for ease of pick up by the leaf vacuums. Please rake leaves to as close to the curb as possible. Bagged leaves will be left for Rumpke to pick up as part of their yard waste collection - as long as the leaves are in biodegradable bags.
- Do not park vehicles within 20 feet of leaf piles. Leaves must be accessible to the trucks and the leaf vacuum. If leaves are not accessible, they will be bypassed - we do not want to risk damaging the leaf vacuum or your vehicles.