The Service Department is gearing up for our annual leaf pickup service. Early pickup will be offered Oct. 17, 18, 24 or 25—depending on your area. To keep leaf collection on schedule and help keep costs down, please follow these guidelines:
• Rake your leaves to the curb or tree lawn, but not into the street where they will block traffic.
• Place your leaves at the curb at least two days before crews are scheduled to arrive. Depending on Mother Nature, equipment problems and volume of leaves, crews may run up to two days early or two days late.
• Do not rake anything except leaves to the curb for collection. Branches, sticks and other waste clog the machinery and can potentially damage the leaf vacuum.
• Do not bag your leaves for collection. Bagged leaves will be by-passed. Leaves must be at the curb for ease of pick up by leaf vacuums. Bagged leaves will be left for Rumpke to pick up as part of their yard waste collection.
• Do not park vehicles within 20 feet of leaf piles. Leaves must be accessible to the trucks and the leaf vacuum. If leaves are not accessible, they will be bypassed – we do not want to risk damaging the leaf vacuum or your vehicles.