Springboro Job Postings
Download an application (PDF) or pick one up and return it to the Springboro City Building (320 West Central Avenue, Springboro, Ohio 45066). You may call 937-748-4343 with questions regarding employment opportunities with the City of Springboro.
The City of Springboro requires post-offer, pre-employment drug screening.
To apply for employment in the Police Department, click here
For more information, call Jennifer Embleton at 937-748-0611
General Statement of Duties
The Intern will have the opportunity to perform a variety of responsibilities within the City. The position will be responsible for numerous tasks including, but not limited to, office administrative work and event marketing, planning and execution as well as other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not All-Inclusive)
The intern will be responsible to:
- Assist various staff within the organization not limited to the City Manager, Assistant City Manager, Community Relations Director, City (Community) Planner and the Administrative Assistant to the City Manager
- Assist with the coordination, execution, marketing and evaluation of City events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and materials used in municipal government
- Knowledge of social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube
- Ability to communicate clearly with other City employees and the general public
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures with the ability to carry out detailed but basic written and/or oral instruction and cooperate with co-workers on group projects
- Demonstrate physical dexterity and skill to safely operate handheld and power tools
- May be required to lift 30lbs+/-, bend down, reach up, be on knees for extended period of time and be required to work outside in adverse weather conditions from time to time
- Work on weekends and outside of normal City business hours
Acceptable Experience, Training and Additional Requirements:
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Ohio Driver’s license
- Some experience and/or knowledge of public relations, marketing or general aspects of municipal government
At a minimum, the intern must be in the process of earning a bachelor's degree with coursework in public administration, political science, marketing or related field.
The successful applicant will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a can-do attitude and commitment to the overall mission of the City.Please direct resume and/or interest to Assistant City Manager, Greg Shackelford
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 937-748-4343
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Springboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.