Refuse Pick-Up Information


rash pick-up day is every Tuesday.

You need to take everything down to the curb on Monday night to ensure timely pick up.
  • You can use your own trash cans and trash bags. If you choose, you can rent a toter from Waste Management for $3 per month, by calling them at 800-343-6047. They will bill you separately every six months for the toter rental.
  • If your home does not have a recycling toter, call 937-748-9721 and we will deliver one to you.
  • You can recycle glass jars, food and drink cans, egg cartons and milk jugs. Cardboard boxes need to be flattened and tied up into bundles. View a complete list of items that can be recycled (PDF).
  • Waste Management will pick up yard waste. However, leaves and grass clippings must be placed in special environmentally friendly composting bags, that are available at any local hardware store.  Please note: NO DIRT OR MULCH IN COMPOSTING BAGS.  If you choose, you can rent a yard waste toter from Waste Management.  You may also use your own trash can, provided it is clearly marked as a yard waste container.

BULK ITEMS - These items will be picked up on WEDNESDAYS.  Please call (866) 797-9018 or email no later than 5p.m. on Monday to alert Waste Management to any large bulk items, such as washers, dryers, couches, and chairs you may be placing at the curb that needs to be picked up that week.
  • Mattresses may be placed out at the curb, but they must be wrapped in plastic before Waste Management can take them due to the increase in bed bugs in the area.
  • If you are placing anything with Freon at the curb for pick up, the Freon must be removed first by a licensed professional. Then please call Waste Management at 800-343-6047, to let them know what the item is. Waste Management can also remove the Freon for $50 per item by calling them before the pick up.
  • No construction materials, such as drywall, ceramic tile or concrete can be picked up. Paint may be disposed of in the trash as long as it is completely dried out. There are drying agents you can purchase at the hardware store, or another option is to absorb the paint with kitty litter.
Waste Management trash truck

Household Hazardous Waste/Not Accepted Items

If you have a need to dispose of any materials such as motor oil, paints, tires, construction materials, etc., please consult Warren County's Solid Waste District Website. The county provides a listing of all local entities that will collect those items for disposal.

For more information, please call us at 937-748-9721.